This is a repeating eventjune 12, 2023 7:30 pm
Bay View Monday Night Movies
Join Bay View Association for their Monday Night Movies in June at 7:30 PM! Admission is free but donations are gratefully accepted. Monday, June 5 *International Film* – Brooklyn A meek young
Join Bay View Association for their Monday Night Movies in June at 7:30 PM! Admission is free but donations are gratefully accepted.
- Monday, June 5 *International Film* – Brooklyn
- A meek young woman emigrates from Ireland to New York City in the 1950s and finds her heart torn between a magnetic Italian suitor and a charming lad back home. Starring Saoirse Ronan and Domhnall Gleeson. (2015, 112 minutes. Rated PG-13. United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada)
- Monday, June 12 – A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Lloyd Vogel (played by Matthew Rhys), is tasked with creating a profile of Fred Rogers, the creator and star of the successful children’s program Mister Rogers’s Neighborhood. Soon enough, the interviewee becomes the interviewer and helps the writer in unexpected ways. (2022, 115 minutes. Rated PG) This movie is sponsored in part by Barbara Pfeil, Executive Director of Bay View Association.
- Monday, June 19 * International Film* – My Old School
- In 1995 “Brandon Lee,” a high school student at Scotland’s Bearsden Academy, was discovered to be 30-year-old former student Brian MacKinnon, posing as a 16-year-old. The story attracted widespread, sensational media coverage. MacKinnon agreed to be interviewed for the film, but did not wish to appear on camera. Actor Alan Cumming stands in for him, lip syncing to the audio interviews. (2022, 115 minutes. Not rated/documentary. Scotland)
- Monday, June 26 “Ships Ahoy Week” – Maiden
- Tracy Edwards, a 24-year-old cook on charter boats, skippered the first-ever all-female crew to enter the Whitbread Round the World Race in 1989. Her male competitors thought an all-women crew would never make it; the chauvinistic yachting press took bets on her failure, and potential sponsors rejected her. Maiden is a story of fierce determination and grit. (2019, 93 minutes. Not rated/documentary)
(Monday) 7:30 pm - 7:30 pm