Before long, the holiday season will be here in full force. Joyous as it is, it also brings a hectic schedule of places to go, things to do, deadlines to meet, get-togethers to arrange, and…well, you get the idea. Whew!
So why not take a little time ahead of time and simply relax. Unwind. And pamper yourself.
November is the perfect time to leave the everyday and go somewhere special – like the Petoskey Area. Once you’re in one of the region’s lovely communities, disconnect. Find somewhere to stay that fits your style – choose a resort, an historic inn, a fully furnished condo, or a hotel/motel with indoor and hot tub – whatever works for you.
Here are just a few of the things you can choose from to head into December with a smile on your face:
- Window shop. Poke into stores you might not usually have time for. Shop for the sake of shopping. Downtown Petoskey, Boyne City, Bay Harbor and Harbor Springs all offer terrific stores and boutiques.
- Enjoy a meal. Don’t just eat for nourishment. Eat for the pure joy of savoring flavors. A wide variety of dining options are available and there’s sure to be one that suits your palate.
- Curl up in one of the many lodging options in the area and lose yourself in the pages of a good book or electronic reader. Perhaps you’ll find a great read at Between the Covers in Harbor Springs, McLean and Eakin in Petoskey or Local Flavor Bookstore in Boyne City – there’s nothing quite like wiling away the hours in a good bookstore!
- Pamper yourself. Slip into a hot tub and soak your worries away. Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure. Put yourself in the hands of an experienced masseuse at The Spa at Boyne Mountain or The Spa at the Inn at Bay Harbor. Take your pick of Petoskey Hot Stone, deep tissue, Swedish massage – all will get rid of your kinks.
- Talk a walk. Pull on your fleece and hit a trail. Make it a brisk walk if that fits your spirit or simply meander through the woods taking in nature’s painted carpet beneath your feet.
Book your escape now in Boyne City, Boyne Falls, Petoskey, Alanson, Bay Harbor, Walloon Lake or Harbor Springs. November is upon us. Rates are lower, the traffic has cleared and it’s the perfect time to slow down and enjoy the Petoskey Area.
For help planning your trip, please visit PetoskeyArea.com or call the Visitors Bureau at 800.845.2828. Then…relax!
About the author
Diane Dakins is passionate about all of the communities that comprise the Petoskey Area of Michigan: Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor and Boyne City. As assistant director of the Petoskey Area Visitors Bureau, she has “been there – seen that” when it comes to virtually every area attraction; and is always ready to give potential visitors the scoop on planning a northern Michigan vacation.