St. Francis Solanus Indian Mission Church
The St. Francis Solanus Indian Mission was the first Catholic church in Petoskey built in 1859 at the request of Bishop Fredric Baraga (the Snowshoe Priest). The Mission is the oldest building in Petoskey and is on the State and National Registry of Historical Places. Its restoration was completed in 2008. A Mass is celebrated annually on July 14th.
The Odawa have utilized this area as a burial for their ancestors. Please be respectful of the small cemetery surrounding the church.
Tours include history of the area and are offered on Sundays, May through October from 12pm to 3pm.