Join the Michigan Hemingway Society for their Annual Fall Conference. This year’s fall conference will be held at The Terrace Inn in Petoskey and features “Hemingway and the Odawa Indians”.
Highlights of the Conference:
- Keynote speaker: Frank Ettawageshik, President of the Association on American Indian Affairs
- Eric Hemenway, Director of Repatriations, Archives, and Records, Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians, will be speaking at Greensky Hill Indian United Methodist Church on Saturday afternoon.
- Don Daiker, Hemingway scholar and professor of English emeritus from Miami University in Ohio, will present a reading and discussion of his new work, “Nick Adams and His ‘Indian Girl.’”
- Cristen Hemingway Jaynes, Hemingway’s great-granddaughter, will be signing her book, Ernest’s Way.
- Michael Kim Roos, just back from the international conference in Wyoming, will be performing Hemingway-themed songs
- A Ghost Supper is planned for Saturday evening
- Sunday afternoon visits to St. Francis Solanus Indian Mission Church, which is the oldest building in northern lower Michigan, and
- The Little Traverse History Museum, which houses Odawa art and artifacts and Hemingway items of note
You must register for this event. Do so by clicking HERE